Friday, November 25, 2005

Turkey Day Ecuadorian Style

First off, Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone reading this!

Despite all odds I had a great thanksgiving. It started off on a pretty sad note when we found out that even TGI Fridays doesn´t have a turkey and mashed potatoes meal until the christmas season. A little bit bummed but determined, we headed to Mi Comisariato in search of a turkey substitute. We came up with a pre-cooked chicken, a bag of potatoes, corn and beer. We mashed the potatoes (I did the mashing), and dumped in the corn. By the time we got to the chicken it was cold, but still tasted good. Although maybe lacking by US standards foodwise, I spent the time with good friends. Plus, the beer helped.

Needless to say, I´m very happy that I will be spending Thanksgiving day 2006 with my family in the states.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home